Looking for some excitement as the summer winds down in Randolph County? Look no further – we’ve assembled the ultimate list of adventures to end your summer vacation.
Have fun, check out our bucket list, and start crossing off!
- Stomp your feet and fill the air with the sounds of Appalachia – But the fun doesn’t stop there…The Augusta Heritage Festival is a brilliant celebration of master craftsmen, musicians, and artisans across a multitude of age old genres!
- Feel the roar of the engines shake the ground as the cars whoosh around the track every Friday night at Elkins Raceway!
- Pump up the bicycle tires and cruise along 25 miles of smooth trail line along the Allegheny Highlands Trail centered in Elkins, WV.
- Spread a blanket on the grass and pack a picnic basket for a delightful snack at Stuart’s Park, located within the Monongahela National Forest.
- Pull up a stool and enjoy a fresh pint of handcrafted brew only at Big Timber Brewing! Enjoy live music sets every Thursday, and check out what new concoctions that are on tap weekly.
- Get lost on a hike through the endless trails enwrapped in the mesmerizing woodland beauty of the Monongahela National Forest.
- Climb over boulders and crawl through caves at Bear Heaven
- Go backpacking along Otter Creek and set up camp in the vast wilderness of rhododendron.
- Climb the fire tower, standing alone atop the peak of Bickle’s Knob in the Monongahela National Forest and take in the burning sunsets.
- Make the most of a lazy Sunday by tubing down the Cheat River from Revelle’s Campground to Stuart’s Park.
- Take a train ride along the Cheat River to the mystifying sights of the alluring High Falls!
- Cast a line and enjoy some of the state’s best fishing territory along the Cheat River in Bowden, WV.
- Rev up your bike and take a ride on the wild side along the winding back roads of Randolph County!
- Check out the Randolph County Fair at Camp Pioneer, August 23-27.