Here at Elkinite we believe in the power of stories. We’re on a mission to use stories to change Elkins and Randolph County for better. We welcome everyone far and wide to join us spreading positive stories and creating a constructive dialog that will move our communities forward.
Elkinite aspires to be a place of enjoyment, civility, and can-do attitude. However, there seems to be an army of trolls out there who would like to make it the opposite. As such, we have to hold onto the reins tightly. We reserve the right to remove comments that violate common decency or the following guidelines.
1) Don’t spam. If you have something that our readers may be interested in buying, advertise it with us.
2) Behave yourself. No personal attacks, senseless rants, violent threats, or hate speech. This isn’t like the rest of the internet- you’ll see other users out and about. Don’t make it embarrassing for yourself.
3) Moderate your language. Sometimes it’s necessary to use strong words so we won’t ban them outright, but don’t make using them a habit and don’t use them to run afoul of Rule #2. We’re less lenient on pictures- NSFW is not safe for Elkinite either.
4) If what you have to say is your opinion, then phrase it as such (“I think…”). If fact, then cite your source.
5) Don’t do anything on our site that is illegal. Don’t post illegal pictures, and don’t upload copyrighted works- instead link to the original or a legal copy.
6) If we ban your account, don’t just make another and think we won’t figure it out.
By commenting on Elkinite, you implicitly agree to abide by our Commenting Policy.
OK, so that’s the negative stuff. On the flip side, we want you to post lots of great, informative comments and to meet new and interesting people here.