When: Tuesday, May 8 · 6:30 am – 7:30 pm
Where: Your local polling place! (Find your polling place.)
Which positions are up for a vote?
- Local positions
- Board of Education
- Conservation District Supervisor
- County, state, and national primaries
- Randolph County Commission
- WV House of Delegates
- WV Senate
- US House of Representatives
- US Senate
- Party offices
- Republican and Democratic Executive Committees
Randolph County Sample Ballots
Click your ballot to view candidates for this election.
- Democratic ballot
- Republican ballot
- Independent ballot: Registered Independent voters have the choice to use the Independent ballot or to request either a Democratic or Republican ballot instead.
- Mountain ballot: For this election, the Mountain Party ballot is only available to registered Mountain Party voters in Precinct 220 (Pickens / Helvetia area). If you’re a registered Mountain voter who lives elsewhere in Randolph County, you can request either an Independent, Democratic, or Republican ballot.
Voter ID: What Do I Need?
Starting January 1, all WV voters are required to show a form of Voter ID (whether a voter registration card or another type of ID), or an exemption, to be explained below.
ANY ONE (1) of these is considered an approved form of Voter ID:
- Voter registration card
- Birth certificate
- Concealed carry permit
- Debit/bank card
- Driver’s license (or another ID card issued by a WV DMV)
- Government employee ID card (US or WV)
- Health insurance card issued to voter
- Hunting or fishing license (WV)
- Medicare card
- Medicaid card (WV)
- Military ID card (US)
- Passport (US)
- SNAP ID card (WV)
- Social Security card
- Student ID card
- TANF ID card (WV)
- Utility bill or bank statement issued within 6 months of election
Voter ID exemptions:
- Poll worker has known the voter for 6 months or more.
- Voter is a resident of a WV state care facility and is voting at the facility.
- Voter is accompanied by an adult who has known the voter 6 months or more. This adult must show a photo ID with her/his name and address and sign an affadavit at the polling place confirming the voter’s identity.